PropertyShark was named by Time
"one of the best 50 websites of 2009"
Other Property Records
- Property Tax Records
- Allegheny County, PA Property Owners
- Allegheny County, PA Property Records
- Allegheny County, PA Real Estate
- Allegheny County, PA Home Values
- Allegheny County, PA Foreclosures
- PA Property Taxes
- Property Title Search
Search Property Tax Records
in Other Counties
- Adams County Property Tax
- Armstrong County Property Tax
- Bedford County Property Tax
- Berks County Property Tax
- Blair County Property Tax
- Bradford County Property Tax
- Bucks County Property Tax
- Butler County Property Tax
- Cambria County Property Tax
- Carbon County Property Tax
- Chester County Property Tax
- Clearfield County Property Tax
- Crawford County Property Tax
- Cumberland County Property Tax
- Dauphin County Property Tax
- Delaware County Property Tax
- Erie County Property Tax
- Franklin County Property Tax
- Indiana County Property Tax
- Jefferson County Property Tax
- Lackawanna County Property Tax
- Lancaster County Property Tax
- Lawrence County Property Tax
- Lebanon County Property Tax
- Lehigh County Property Tax
- Luzerne County Property Tax
- Lycoming County Property Tax
- Mckean County Property Tax
- Mercer County Property Tax
- Monroe County Property Tax
- Montgomery County Property Tax
- Northampton County Property Tax
- Northumberland County Property Tax
- Philadelphia County Property Tax
- Pike County Property Tax
- Schuylkill County Property Tax
- Somerset County Property Tax
- Warren County Property Tax
- Washington County Property Tax
- Wayne County Property Tax
- York County Property Tax
Property Tax Records
in Other States
- Nevada Property Taxes
- New York Property Taxes
- Ohio Property Taxes
- Oklahoma Property Taxes
- Oregon Property Taxes
- Rhode Island Property Taxes
- South Carolina Property Taxes
- Tennessee Property Taxes
- Texas Property Taxes
- Utah Property Taxes
Allegheny County, PA Property Tax Information
Gain insightful knowledge on property tax assessments, tax records, rates and exemptions
Search Property Tax Records in Allegheny County, PA
Navigating our database of property tax records is done with ease. Just type in a single property address and a property report will be pulled up containg: property tax information, property assessment value, property ownership records, deeds, tax liens, and more.
Create a free basic account on PropertyShark.com and get instant access to our database of property tax records. Use the property search tool sample below!
Sample Property Tax Report for a Allegheny County, PA property
Properties in Allegheny County are assessed at their fair market value. The property tax assessment process starts with a county-wide assessment of base year values. The last such assessment in Allegheny County was in 2002. However, values may be updated due to permits, appeals, corrections, flood loss or catastrophic loss.
The Office of Property Assessments (OPA) establishes market values for all taxable real property in the county. Market value is defined as the sale price of real estate as agreed upon between willing buyers and willing sellers, with neither being under any duress to either buy or sell.
A property's assessed value is calculated by multiplying it's market value by the county's predetermined ratio Beginning with the 2001 fiscal year, Allegheny County's Office of Property Assessments has applied a predetermined ratio of 100%. However, if the property's assessment value is appealed, the county's common level ratio may be applied instead: this reflects a comparison of the previous year's actual sale prices to the assessed value.
Several abatements and exemptions are available in Allegheny County which may reduce the property's assessed value for county tax, as well as the assessed values for paying property tax for the municipality and school districts.
No exemption/abatement amount apply for this property, so the taxable value will be equal to the assessed value.
If the property is a primary residence the owner may benefit from the Homestead Act (Act 50) program. We subtract the exclusion only for county taxes here, but different amounts will apply for school and municipal taxes. We have no data about exclusions for municipalities and school districts and so we assume that none apply.
This property does not benefit from homestead or farmstead exclusion.
The amount of property tax paid to each taxing body is calculated by multiplying the taxable value by the millage rate set by the taxing body. The county tax millage set by Allegheny County Council is currently 4.73; school tax millages are set by local school boards, and municipal tax millages are set by individual municipalities. The rates are expressed as millages (i.e the actual rates multiplied by 1000).
Current tax represents the amount the present owner pays including exemptions.
Base tax is an estimate of what an owner not benefiting from any exemptions would pay.
Notice that we used the 2013 school rates, since the 2014 rates are not available yet.
All tax amounts calculated here are estimates.
|Tax description||Taxable value||Tax rate||Tax amount|
Tax per SqFt: $1.40
On this map, you can see the tax value paid per square foot for this property.
|Square Foot||1710 SqFt|
|Tax per sqft:||$1.40|
Register for Free to Search for Property Tax Data
Create a free basic account on PropertyShark.com to get access to our database of property records.