Real Estate Comparables: Estimate your home or property value
In-depth Comparables Search for New York City
Comparables (also referred to as Comps) are a critical part of estimating the current market value of a home, popular among real estate professionals and homebuyers alike. Comparable sales pull out prices paid for recently sold homes that are similar in size, characteristics, and location with your targeted property, helping you estimate the value of a home.
And while many automated valuation models would stop here, our Comparables tool allows you to narrow down your search; since not all neighboring homes match the one you're interested in, we provide you with a wide array of filters meant to help you choose only the most relevant properties for your search!
Additionally, you can subscribe to our Weekly Transfer Email: choose the neighborhoods and property types you're interested in and get weekly updates on properties sold in the previous week. Delivered to your inbox, every Monday!
To help you get started, we've created a step-by-step guide on how to use our Comparables tool.
- With over a decade of experience in providing real estate professionals with tools and reliable property data, PropertyShark has tailored its services to better suit your needs.
- Save time and effort with our Comparables tool! Complementary features include highly detailed property reports, hundreds of thousands of property photos in NYC, accurate data on neighboring school districts, FEMA flood zone maps and more.
- Benefit from competitive prices starting from $34.95/month!
*With a free account you are entitled to see up to 3 properties in the search results.
Accurate real estate data & daily updated sales
- » Sales updated on a daily basis
- » Accurate data collected from hundreds of public and proprietary sources
- » Coverage of both residential and commercial sectors
- » Filters to narrow your search by property characteristics (e.g. number of bedrooms)
- » Complement your search with highly detailed property reports
- » Hundreds of thousands of property photos
- » Updated foreclosure stats for the surrounding area
- » Accurate data on neighboring school districts, FEMA flood zone maps and more
Radius, zip code and map based search tools
- » Search comps by neighborhood, zip code or property type
- » Define your own polygon on the map
- » Browse recently sold properties within a certain radius of the target property
- » Plot your comps search results on a map and present it to a client
Dedicated appraiser tools: 1004MC, FNMA forms
- » Advanced search criteria options (including tax rates, zoning and more)
- » Filter comps results by transfer type
- » Perform comparables searches by specifying exact date ranges
- » Access to the FNMA form straight from your Comps search
- » See aggregate values on the 1004MC form
- » Export data to your Comps Database with WinTotal
We proudly serve countless top industry players, among which:
A one-stop real estate online search engine
PropertyShark has helped me in evaluating and collecting property information around the tri-state area. It has enabled me to find property history, comparables and ownership information, as well as many other types of real estate information that would normally take days to research through other services. PropertyShark is a one-stop real estate online search engine. No other online real estate service comes close.
Robert S. Klein, Senior Director, Kalmon Dolgin
PropertyShark was like one of our own staff
We had so many appraisals to perform where PropertyShark was like one of our own staff. The information they provided was vital to our appraisals, and what would have taken us much time to accumulate, PropertyShark put at our fingertips in minutes. In view of the service they provide, and our colleagues agree, Property Shark is the best solution to satisfy an appraiser's needs.
Doris Silber, Principal/R.E. Appr., Jacques O. Tuchler & Associates