PropertyShark was named by Time
"one of the best 50 websites of 2009"
Other Property Records
- Property Tax Records
- City Of Norfolk, VA Property Owners
- City Of Norfolk, VA Property Records
- City Of Norfolk, VA Real Estate
- City Of Norfolk, VA Home Values
- VA Property Taxes
- Property Title Search
Search Property Tax Records
in Other Counties
- Alexandria City Property Tax
- Arlington County Property Tax
- Chesterfield County Property Tax
- City Of Chesapeake Property Tax
- City Of Fairfax Property Tax
- City Of Hampton Property Tax
- City Of Manassas Property Tax
- City Of Newport News Property Tax
- City Of Richmond Property Tax
- City Of Virginia Beach Property Tax
- Fairfax County Property Tax
- Loudoun County Property Tax
- Manassas Park City Property Tax
- Prince William County Property Tax
Property Tax Records
in Other States
- Oregon Property Taxes
- Pennsylvania Property Taxes
- Rhode Island Property Taxes
- South Carolina Property Taxes
- Tennessee Property Taxes
- Texas Property Taxes
- Utah Property Taxes
- Vermont Property Taxes
- Washington Property Taxes
- Wisconsin Property Taxes
City Of Norfolk, VA Property Tax Information
Gain insightful knowledge on property tax assessments, tax records, rates and exemptions
Search Property Tax Records in City Of Norfolk, VA
Navigating our database of property tax records is done with ease. Just type in a single property address and a property report will be pulled up containg: property tax information, property assessment value, property ownership records, deeds, tax liens, and more.
Create a free basic account on PropertyShark.com and get instant access to our database of property tax records. Use the property search tool sample below!
Sample Property Tax Report for a City Of Norfolk, VA property
The Virginia Tax Code represents the main legal document regarding taxation in the State of Virginia. Property taxes are determined at local levels, being used for schools, fire and police protection, public parks and other public benefits.
The Norfolk Real Estate Assessor determines the fair market value for taxable real property in the City of Norfolk. Market value has been defined by The Supreme Court as the sale price of real estate as agreed upon between a willing buyer and willing seller, with neither being under duress to buy or sell.
The Norfolk Real Estate Assessor is also responsible for establishing the reassessment value of property. The Virginia Tax Code requires that real estate must be assessed at 100% of its fair market value, and the reassessment process to take place on a yearly base.
Exemptions and a tax abatement program are available in City of Norfolk, which may lower the property's tax bill. These are deducted from the property's assessed value to give the property's taxable value.
We have no information about whether any exemptions currently apply to this property. Therefore, the taxable value will be equal to the assessed value.
Property tax is calculated by multiplying the taxable value with the corresponding tax rate and is an estimate of what an owner not benefiting from any exemptions would pay.
Actual taxes might differ from the figures displayed here due to various abatement and financial assistance programs.
|Tax description||Assessed value||Tax rate||Tax amount|
Register for Free to Search for Property Tax Data
Create a free basic account on PropertyShark.com to get access to our database of property records.