Astoria Residential Market Highlights in 2015
- Median Home Sale Price in Astoria Overall: $551,500 (+17% Y-o-Y).
- The number of sales is at its second highest level since the market fell (267 transactions).
- Ditmars-Steinway was the 5th most expensive neighborhood in Queens by median sale price ($794,500, up 20% Y-o-Y).
- Most expensive home sold: $3M for a single-family house at 3110 28 Road.
- Most expensive apartment sold: $960,000 for unit 3E at the East River Tower.
Astoria includes three neighborhoods as shown on this map: Astoria Heights- Upper Ditmars, Ditmars-Steinway and South Astoria.
Here’s what happened to the median sale price and the sales volume over all Astoria since 2005:
Ditmars-Steinway is the 5th most expensive neighborhood in Queens
The median sale price recorded in 2015 was an all-time high for Astoria overall, up 38% compared to the 2008 level. The median home prices of Ditmars-Steinway and Astoria Heights-Upper Ditmar both recorded Y-o-Y increases of +20%, but they still maintained a huge difference, registering $794,500 and $360,000 respectively.
The median sale price for the borough was $360,000 and it reached an 8-year high. Check out the 2015 market stats for Queens in our report.
Most Expensive Properties Sold
All 5 of the most expensive Astoria properties sold in 2015 were single-family homes and the highest amount ($3M) was paid for 3110 28 Road in South Astoria (lot size of over 10,000 sqft.) The house was purchased as an investment property since recent activity shows that a permit has been filed on November 13, 2015 for a new multi-family dwelling with a total of 18 living units.
The most expensive condo sold was unit 3E at the East River Tower ($960,000), closely followed by unit 5E at The Livelle ($930,000), two of Astoria’s new condo developments.
Top 5 Most Expensive Home Sales in Astoria
|#||Address||Sale Price||Sale Date|
|1||3110 28 Road||$3,000,000||March 20, 2015
|2||3048 Crescent Street||$2,200,000||August 5, 2015
|3||2539 41 Street||$1,700,000||January 30, 2015
|4||2030 42 Street||$1,150,000||February 5, 2015
|5||2301 23 Avenue||$1,017,500||April 21, 2015
Interested in checking what’s currently available on the market? Check homes for sale in Astoria on real estate listings website Point2Homes.
* Data is based only on sold residential properties between January 1, 2005 and December 15, 2015
* The building classes counted are single & two family homes, condo and coop units
* The final number of properties sold in 2015 was adjusted.